Honeywell’s 5898 Wireless K-Band DUAL TEC Motion Sensor provides superior detection and reduces the risk of false alarms. The combination of PIR and K-Band microwave technologies enable the sensors to distinguish between real intruders and other environmental conditions by “confirming” each other within a defined area of protection. The sleek, compact design makes it ideal for applications where aesthetics and discretion are critical. PIR sensitivity and temperature sensing can be enabled via local programming or from the central station. Installation is easy, with no jumpers, switches or disassembly, fewer mounting restrictions and an automatic walk test mode that turns on the LED for ten minutes—saving installers one trip up the ladder for each sensor. The 5898 blends perfectly with Honeywell’s 5800 Series family of sensors to create a seamless look in any residential or commercial environment.
Advanced DualCore Signal Processing
DualCore signal processing analyzes PIR and microwave signals through the 5898 microcontroller. DualCore processing supports a multitude of advanced functions, including concurrent diagnostics, digital fluorescent light interference filter, adaptive baselines and bidirectional temperature compensation.
K-Band Microwave Technology
K-Band microwave technology delivers sharp detection without holes or weak spots. The custom-made source offers pattern shaping to fill the protected area with a broad, balloon-shape that matches the PIR pattern. It also offers pattern containment to reduce the penetration of microwave energy through walls.
Faster and Easier to Install
Specific features that contribute to this benefit include:
– Automatic walk test
– Flashlight walk test
– Remotely programmable sensitivity
– Circuit board does not need to be removed to install on wall
– Ceiling and wall mounting brackets help to easily direct the pattern where needed
– No mounting height adjustments
– 7'-9' mounting height means fewer restrictions than current offerings
– Easy opening case
– Covered circuit board reduces risk of installer initiated damage
Self-test—alerts end-user and central station if the motion detector stops functioning
Hot or Cold Temperature Alert
– (< 45° F) warns when temperatures are approaching the freezing point
– (> 95° F) warns when temperatures are rising too high