To help stop theft, vandalism or misuse of fire extinguishers.
you are fed up with replacing your fire extinguishers, this sturdy,
self-contained device is the answer. It has proven highly effective in
helping stop theft, misuse or vandalism of fire extinguishers. Yet, it
extinguisher accessible for emergencies and does not interfere with fire
fighting in any way.
How it works.
If the protected fire
extinguisher is moved from its
normal position, the device emits a piercing alarm. Also, the highly
visible stop sign design and the words "STOP, EMERGENCY USE ONLY"
discourages wrongful use. The device is easy to install and a
deactivation cable is supplied for ease in servicing the extinguisher.
Includes a 9 VDC
alkaline battery. Recommended operating range 32°F to 113°F (0°C to
- Highly visible "stop sign" design discourages wrongful use of extinguisher.
- Housing is molded of super tough polycarbonate and is UV-stabilized.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing
attention in a hurry (95 dB low volume setting can be set if desired).
- Compact patented design 5 in. (127mm) in diameter and 1.875in (48mm) deep.
- Mounts easily next to extinguisher.
- 9 VDC alkaline battery provided.
- Remote powered 12 VDC model available for special applications Part Number STI-6200R
- Deactivation cable provided for service by authorized personnel.
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C).
- Three year guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components).
- For fire extinguishers housed in cabinets, see STI-6255 Mini Theft Stopper®.
Note: End user must verify the alarm and battery function every six months and replace battery annually or as required by state law